Annual Financial Reports
The District’s annual financial reports can be found on the Resources page.
Board Meetings and Documents
Information about the District’s meetings and meeting documents can be found on the Meetings page.
Board of Directors
Information about the District’s Board can be found on the About page.
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
District Contact Information
Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 221
c/o Bracewell LLP
711 Louisiana Street, Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77002
The District’s E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The District’s map is available on the About page.
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
General Election of Directors occurs every first Saturday in May of every odd numbered year. The next upcoming election will take place in May 2023.
The next election for the District will be held on May 6, 2023.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the District’s Attorney (Bracewell LLP, attention of Tiffany Ehmke) by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 6, 2023 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
- Last day to file for place on May 6, 2023 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2023.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the District’s Attorney (Bracewell, LLP attention of Tiffany Ehmke) by mail, fax or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-11f.pdf.
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 6, 2023 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21, 2023.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Election – Documents
- Order Calling Directors Election
Orden Para Convocar Una Elección De Directores
Lệnh Yêu Cầu Tổ Chức Cuộc Bầu Cử Giám Dốc
- Harris County – Elections Information
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
Aviso De Fecha Límite Para Presentar Solicitudes Para Un Lugar En La Boleta
Thông Báo Han Chot Nop Don Xin Mot Vi Tri Trên Lá Phieáu
This notice will be posted continuously posted until after 5:00 p.m. on February 17, 2023.
Energy Consumption Reports
The District’s energy consumption reports are available on the Resources page.
Landowner’s Bill of Rights
Information regarding the Landowner’s Bill of Rights can be found on the Texas Attorney General’s website.
Public Information Requests
To request public information, please direct your request to email@example.com or mail or hand deliver your request to Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 221, c/o Bracewell LLP, 711 Louisiana Street, Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77002.